Sitting in my parents’ home in Winter Springs, FL.
Strumming the guitar that I wrote my first songs on, I find myself at a strange point in life.
I’m an early twenty-something. A college graduate. A barista. A kid with dreams as big as they’ve always been. Dreams of traveling, writing songs, and playing them for anyone willing to listen.
I still catch myself daydreaming. Now, more than ever. I think it’s because I know these dreams are attainable.
Follow this dude. Now.
So I google school lunch ideas, and this Bon Apetit article came up, and I kinda laughed at these ridiculously fancy school lunch ideas. You can tell these people don’t have kids, because a kid would NEVER eat the majority of that stuff. But it did have some interesting ideas like the BLT wrap, turkey pita, and breakfast egg sandwich.
But some of my own personal ideas:
- Veggie sandwich on whole grain bread with hummus and a variety of veggies
- Carrots and bell pepper with hummus
- Celery with peanut butter or light ranch dressing (or you can make your own ranch dressing by combining a ranch flavoring packet with plain greek yogurt)
- Greek yogurt with granola (in a separate baggy) and fruit
- Black bean & veggie burrito/wrap
- Salad (put the dressing in a baggy or mini container)
- If you might have access to a microwave, you could also do chicken breast with some quinoa or brown rice and veggies
- Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread
- Tuna pita pockets
- Nuts (obviously not by themselves, but along with some of the other suggestions)
I have more recipes HERE, and there a lot of things you can make ahead of time and then grab & go from the fridge or freezer.
asked by Anonymous